Monday, September 15, 2008

Welcome Jocelyn Rose!

Our baby girl is finally here! Jocelyn Rose arrived last Monday, Sept. 8th at 7:00am. She weighed in at 7 lb. 8 oz. and measured 20 inches long. The labor experience went well--I wasn't too sure what to expect, but everything went great. My water broke on Sunday evening around 6:30pm and we left for the hospital at 8:45pm (obviously, my contractions were not bad at this point :)

I gladly accepted my epidural at 1:30am, dialated 4 cm. Epidurals are AWESOME! Thank the Lord for them--it made the rest of labor actually enjoyable and exciting because I could just focus on meeting our baby. At 4am I reached 10cms, so the pushing began...I pushed for 2-3 hours. Finally, my doctor used the forceps to pull Jocy's head past the pelvic bone. And she arrived promptly at 7am.

She is our beautiful daughter-we are so blessed! Thank you for all your prayers and support! Here are some pics from our first week together as a family.
"Children are a gift from God..." Psalm 127:3







9 comments:

The DeVries' said...

Oh, she is SOOO cute! You all look so happy together...and the dogs seem to be enjoying her as well :) How fun for Bailey and Moose! I hope our dogs receive ours in the same way :) Love you guys and congratulations! Can't wait to hold her!

Thelenomics said...

She is beautiful!!!! Congratulations and so happy to hear that you had a great labor (Epidurals ARE amazing!)Hope that you are able to get some well-deserved rest. Keep sending the pics....

Sarah & Matt

Maribeth said...

she IS beautiful and so are you! Wow! You're a mom!!! I've been checking the blog every day for pictures - thanks for posting lots of them! Congratulations, my friend!! I love you and I'm praising God this morning for His presence and provision in the story of your life!

brad said...

cute kid, congrats too. the one where she is crying, it looks like she wants back in. haaaaa, kids. but congratulations again.

Stan and Judy said...

We love seeing the pictues of Jocelyn, her parents, and her room. We are thankful that all is well! We can't wait to see all of you.
Love,
grandpa and grandma

Anonymous said...

She's BEAUTIFUL. Nice job Amy and Joel. What a rockstar she is. I"m so happy for you guys. Enjoy every crazy minute of it. Can you please fyi me your address?? Love ALL of you guys...
Sherri M.

Bemily said...

Congrats Rudy! You look so great! I can't wait to watch her grow up....over the internet of course!!

Wibbelers said...

Rudy!!!! You're little baby girl is adorable!!! Congrats! Saw your blog on Em's and had to check it out! We need to check up sometime!

Stacy (Bosscher)Wibbeler

The DeVries' said...

We need some more pictures!!! :)