
10)Buying our first home: can honestly say I never thought I'd live in Oklahoma (or NY for that matter). And its somewhat disheartening to have to point it out on a map because people don't know where it is. Oklahoman's are great, but Joel and I miss our trees, snow and one-two days during the summer where it may reach 100 degrees.
9) Competing in fantasy baseball leagues together & visiting the Hall of Fame in Cooperstown.
7) Bailey & Moose: what can I say? You have taught us much. We have taught you more. Can't imagine our home without you guys.
6) Joel graduating from the U of I and the Academy.
You are all the greatest people and it was a priviledge for me to work with you.
4) Webster, NY: we love everything about you. Summit Knolls Apartments, Wegman's, the perfect shopping plaza, Webster Park, and of course, Calvary Chapel.
3) Times with our family: too many to count! We've had so many people visit us over the past couple of years. And I thank you! Living away from family and friends can be hard at times. We are always looking forward to our next "visitor" and always down when you go. But truly thankful for each visit.
2)Meeting Jocelyn: most of us assume we'll have kids one day and it will be great. But when you actually get to meet them and hold them it is so special! Overwhelming for sure--but so awesome!

8 comments:
happy anniversary, Amy & Joel! Your wedding was beautiful! One of the most beautiful things was your smile that shone with the anticipation of what was ahead of you! I love that you love Jesus so much and are walking life's path with one hand tucked securely in His and the other in Joel's! He will never run out of faithfulness, goodness or love for you! Love you so much!
Awwww, I loved reading this! Your wedding was great, and included the funniest slide show/video ever. :) Enjoy the day....tomorrow's my turn! Love ya!
Congratulations! This was a great post, and Joel's long hair is seriously hilarious.
Congratulations on 5 years! Time certainly flies and its been amazing to see the path God has taken you and Joel on in those five years. I've been truly blessed having you both, and now Jocy, in my life.
Lots of love,
Lindsay
Awww...I definitely echo the sentiments of your friends' comments. We are so excited for you guys and love that our paths continue to cross so often! It still amazes me that you met at our wedding, and were married a year later!! God is truly, truly, amazing. And I LOVE that you are part of my family, and that we will forever be intertwined! I cannot wait for you guys to move closer in a couple of years (we're praying!) and for us to continue celebrating every year! Have a wonderful day!!!
Happy Anniversary!! Thanks for sharing your list....I have to definitely agree with #1. God is so amazing and faithful every step of the way. I pray that we never loose sight of his guidance in our lives. Thanks for the wonderful reminder!
Thank you for your "5 years ago today..." post. Loved reading it and seeing the pictures. Where did those five years go? We are thankful for His goodness and look forward to seeing you soon!
Love,
dad and mom
Wow, really neat recap of your past and future together!! Jocy is soo cute! Congratulations on your anniversary, we had such a wonderful summer of weddings that year! Looking forward to hugging everyone again at Christmas!
Post a Comment